General information and mandatory information
In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour. We have taken extensive technical and operational precautions to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. Our security procedures are regularly reviewed and adapted to technological progress.
1. designation of the responsible body
The responsible body for data processing on this website is:
Root Foundation Germany e.V.
Paradise road 68
The controller decides alone or jointly with others on the purposes and means of processing personal data (e.g. names, contact details, etc.).
2. your rights
You have the following rights against us with regard to your personal data:
2.1 Revocation of your consent to data processing
Some data processing operations are only possible with your express consent. A revocation of your already given consent is possible at any time. An informal notification by e-mail is sufficient for the revocation. The legality of the data processing carried out until the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
2.2 Right of complaint to the competent supervisory authority
In the event of a breach of data protection law, you as the party concerned have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority. The competent supervisory authority with regard to data protection issues is the data protection officer of the federal state in which our company has its registered office. The following link provides a list of data protection officers and their contact details: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html.
2.3 Right to Data Transferability
You have the right to have data which we process automatically on the basis of your consent or in fulfilment of a contract handed over to you or to third parties. The information is provided in a machine-readable format. If you request the direct transfer of the data to another responsible person, this will only be done as far as it is technically feasible.
2.4 Right to information, rectification, blocking, deletion
You have the right to free information about your stored personal data, the origin of the data, its recipients and the purpose of the data processing and, if applicable, the right to correction, blocking or deletion of this data at any time within the framework of the applicable statutory provisions. In this regard and also for further questions on the subject of personal data, you can contact us at any time via the contact options listed in the imprint.
2.5 SSL or TLS Encryption
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content that you send to us as the site operator, our website uses SSL or TLS encryption. This means that data that you transmit via this website cannot be read by third parties. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the "https://" address line of your browser and by the lock symbol in the browser line.
2.6 Membership and donations
For membership and a donation, it is necessary to provide your contact details in order to issue a donation receipt or to inform you by email of the receipt of your donation. The data is stored in a customer relation management tool via the popular Wikando and can only be viewed by selected persons of the association, who in turn submit a data protection declaration in accordance with the legal obligations and treat your data confidentially.
The processing of the data entered in the donation form or membership form takes place exclusively on the basis of your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO). A revocation of your already given consent is possible at any time. An informal notification by e-mail is sufficient for the revocation. The legality of the data processing operations carried out until the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
Data transmitted via the donation form or membership form shall remain with us until you request deletion, revoke your consent to storage or until there is no longer any need for data storage. Mandatory legal provisions - in particular retention periods - remain unaffected.
2.7 Contact form
Data transmitted via the contact form will be stored including your contact data in order to be able to process your request or to be available for follow-up questions. These data will not be passed on without your consent.
The data entered in the contact form will be processed exclusively on the basis of your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO). A revocation of your already given consent is possible at any time. An informal notification by e-mail is sufficient for the revocation. The legality of the data processing operations carried out until the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
Data transmitted via the contact form will remain with us until you request deletion, revoke your consent to storage or until data storage is no longer necessary. Mandatory legal provisions - in particular retention periods - remain unaffected.
2.8 Newsletter data
To send our newsletter, we need an e-mail address from you. It is necessary to verify the e-mail address provided and consent to receive the newsletter. Supplementary data is not collected or is voluntary. The use of the data takes place exclusively for the dispatch of the newsletter.
The data provided when registering for the newsletter will be processed exclusively on the basis of your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO). A revocation of your already given consent is possible at any time. To revoke your consent, simply send an informal e-mail or use the "unsubscribe" link in the newsletter. The legality of the data processing operations that have already taken place remains unaffected by the revocation.
Data entered to set up the subscription will be deleted if you unsubscribe. If this data has been transmitted to us for other purposes and elsewhere, it will remain with us.
Our website uses plugins from YouTube to integrate and display video content. The provider of the video portal is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
When a page with an integrated YouTube plugin is opened, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. This will tell YouTube which of our pages you have accessed.
YouTube can assign your surfing behavior directly to your personal profile if you are logged into your YouTube account. You can prevent this by logging out beforehand.
YouTube is used in the interest of an appealing presentation of our online offers. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
Details on the handling of user data can be found in YouTube's data protection declaration at: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
2.10 Fundraising Box
Our website uses the fundraising box of the provider Wikando GmbH, Schießgrabenstr. 32, 86150 Augsburg, Germany for donation processing. If you pay donations or a membership fee via this website, data entry is required. The transfer of your data to Wikando is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO (consent) and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO (processing to fulfil a contract). A revocation of your already given consent is possible at any time. Data processing operations in the past remain effective in the event of revocation.
Planning, organization and support tools
We use services, platforms and software from other providers (hereinafter referred to as "Third Party Providers") for organizational purposes,
Administration, planning and provision of our services. In selecting of the third-party providers and their services, we observe the legal requirements.
In this context, personal data can be processed and referred to Third-party servers are stored. Various data can be
be affected, which we process in accordance with this data protection declaration. to In particular, master data and contact data of the users,
Data on transactions, contracts, other processes and their content belong.
Unless users in the context of communication, of business or other Relationships with us on the third parties or their software or platforms
referenced, the third-party providers can access usage data and metadata security purposes, for service optimization or for marketing purposes
process. We therefore ask you to read the data protection notices of the respective Third-party providers to consider.
Notes on legal bases: If we ask users for their consent to ask for the use of third-party providers is the legal basis for processing
data consent. Furthermore, their use can be part of our (Pre)contractual services, provided that the use of the third party in this
framework has been agreed. Otherwise, the data will be based on users our legitimate interests (ie interest in efficient, economic and
refer to the data protection declaration.
- Processed data types: Inventory data (e.g. names, addresses), Contact data (e.g. e-mail, telephone numbers), content data (e.g Text input, photographs, videos), usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times), meta/communication data (e.g device information, IP addresses).
- Affected persons: communication partners, users (e.g Website visitors, users of online services).
- Legal basis: Consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR), Fulfillment of contract and pre-contractual inquiries (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b. GDPR), legitimate interests (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f. GDPR).
deletion of data
The data processed by us are processed in accordance with the legal requirements deleted as soon as their consent to processing is revoked
or other permissions are no longer applicable (e.g. if the purpose of the processing of this data has been omitted or is not required for the purpose).
Unless the data are deleted because they are for others and by law permissible purposes, their processing is limited to these purposes
limited. This means that the data will be blocked and not used for other purposes processed. This applies, for example, to data from commercial or tax law
reasons must be kept or their storage to assert, exercise or defense of legal claims or to protect rights
another natural or legal person is required.
Further information on the deletion of personal data can also be found in Within the framework of the individual data protection notices of this data protection declaration.
Modification and updating of Data protection
We ask you to regularly check the content of our data protection declaration to inform. We will adapt the data protection declaration as soon as the changes to the
data processing carried out by us make this necessary. we inform you as soon as the changes require your part to cooperate
(e.g. consent) or other individual notification required will.
If we provide addresses and contact information of specify companies and organizations, please note that the
Addresses may change over time and ask for the details above to check contact.
Rights of data subjects
As a data subject, you are entitled to various rights under the GDPR in particular from Articles 15 to 21 GDPR:
Right to object: You have the right, for reasons arising out Your particular situation arises at any time against the processing of the personal data concerning you, which is based on Art. 6 Paragraph 1 lit. e or f GDPR to file an objection; this applies also for profiling based on these provisions. Will the Personal data concerning you processed in order to You have the right to engage in direct mail at any time Objection to the processing of data concerning you personal data for the purpose of such advertising to insert this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is associated with such direct mail related.
- Right of revocation in the case of consent: You have the right to revoke consent revoke consent at any time.
- Right to information: You have the right to obtain confirmation of this request whether the data in question is being processed and for information about this data as well as further information and a copy of the data according to the legal requirements.
- Right to rectification: you have according to the legal Specifications the right to have the data concerning you completed or to request the correction of inaccurate data concerning you.
- Right to erasure and restriction of processing: you have in accordance with the legal requirements, the right to demand that
she relevant data will be deleted immediately, or alternatively after A restriction of processing in accordance with the legal requirements the
to request data.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to data concerning you Data that you have provided to us in accordance with the statutory Specifications in a structured, common and machine-readable format to receive or to transmit them to another person in charge demand.
- Complaint to the supervisory authority: You also have the right in accordance with the legal requirements, the right to a supervisory authority, in particular in
the Member State of your habitual residence, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement if you
consider that the processing concerns you personal data violates the GDPR.
definitions of terms
This section provides an overview of the in this Terms used in the data protection declaration. Many of the terms are dem Taken from the law and defined above all in Art. 4 GDPR. The legal ones Definitions are binding. The following explanations are intended to counter this all for understanding. The terms are sorted alphabetically.
- Affiliate tracking: Become part of affiliate tracking Links that allow the linking websites to take users to websites
refer to product or other offers, logged. The operators the respective linking websites may receive a commission if
Users follow these so-called affiliate links and then the Take advantage of offers (e.g. buy goods or use services
to take). This requires the providers to be able to track whether users who are interested in certain offers then use them
at the instigation of the affiliate links. So it's for them Functionality of affiliate links required that they be specific
Values are added that become part of the link or otherwise stored, e.g. in a cookie. To the values include in particular the source website (referrer), the time, a Online identifier of the operator of the website on which the affiliate link is located located, an online ID of the respective offer, an online ID of the user as well as tracking-specific values, such as, e.g Advertising media ID, partner ID and categorizations.
- Visit action evaluation: "Visit action evaluation" (English "Conversion Tracking") refers to a process with which the effectiveness can be determined by marketing measures. This is usually the case a cookie on users' devices within the websites on which the marketing measures take place, saved and then again on the Target webpage retrieved. For example, we can understand whether the
ads we placed on other websites were successful).
- IP masking: "IP masking” refers to a method in which the last octet, ie the last two digits of an IP address, is deleted, so that the IP address no longer uniquely identifies a person can serve. Therefore, IP masking is a means of pseudonymizing Processing methods, in particular in online marketing.
- Interest-Based and Behavioral Marketing: From Interest and/or behavioral marketing is when potential interests of users in ads and other content be predetermined as precisely as possible. This is done based on information about their previous behavior (e.g. visiting certain websites and staying on these, purchasing behavior or interaction with other users) contained in stored in a so-called profile. For these purposes, in Usually cookies are used.
- Personal data: "Personal data" is all Information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter "data subject"); as identifiable a natural person considered, directly or indirectly, in particular by assignment to an identifier such as a name, to a identification number, to location data, to an online identifier (e.g. cookie) or can be identified for one or more special characteristics, the expression of the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person
- Profiling: "Profiling" is defined as any type of automated processing of personal data, which consists in the fact that these personal information is used to provide certain personal information Aspects relating to a natural person (depending on the nature of the Profiling includes information about age, gender, Location data and movement data, interaction with websites and their content, shopping behavior, social interactions with other people). to analyse, evaluate or to predict (e.g. the interests in certain content or products, click behavior on a website or whereabouts). Cookies are often used for profiling purposes and web beacons are used.
- Reach measurement: Reach measurement (also known as web analytics referred to) is used to evaluate the flow of visitors to an online offer
and may affect the behavior or interests of visitors to certain Information, such as content of websites include. With the help of Reach analysis can, for example, identify the website owner at what time Visitors visit your website and what content they are browsing interested. This enables them, for example, to better adapt the website content to the adapt to the needs of their visitors. For range analysis purposes Pseudonymous cookies and web beacons are often used to to recognize recurring visitors and thus to carry out more precise analyses to receive use of an online offer.
- Remarketing: We speak of "remarketing" or "retargeting" when For example, for advertising purposes, it is noted which products a user is interested in on a website to the user on other websites to remember these products, e.g. in advertisements.
- Tracking: One speaks of "tracking" when the behavior of users can be traced across several online offers. in the As a rule, with regard to the online offers used, behavioral and Interest information in cookies or on servers of the providers of the tracking technologies (so-called profiling). These Information can be used afterwards eg to the users Display advertisements likely to be of their interest correspond.
- Responsible: As "responsible" the natural or legal person, authority, agency or other body acting alone or together with others about the purposes and means of processing
personal data decides designated.
- Processing: "Processing" is any automated with or without assistance Procedure performed operation or any such series of operations in connection with personal data. The term goes far and wide covers practically every handling of data, be it collection, Evaluate, save, transmit or delete.